Mark Master Masons Hall
Masons Hall on St James’s St in London is home to the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons (GLMMM). The Grade II listed building was designed by James Knowles in 1862 and was formally The Constitutional Club, a London gentlemen’s club that was disbanded in 1979.
This project was divided into two phases, 12 weeks each. The first phase concentrated on the main restoration of the exterior elevation. This included cleaning the entire elevation; masonry and joinery repairs to spalled areas; replacement of roof covering and the redecoration to all previously painted masonry, timberwork and metalwork.
The second phase focused on replacing the pitched roofs, reconstructing a chimney stack, refurbishing the glazed brick light well and the redecoration of the windows/doors to the rear elevation. We used roped access to carry out repairs and redecoration of the courtyard windows.