Harrow School Chapel was built in 1854-57, by Sir George Gilbert Scott. The walls are finished in Knapped Flint and Ashlar, in a decorated Gothic and early English style
Stone Edge Conservation was appointed as main contractor following the discovery of loose masonry to the West Gable.
The works entailed replacing the copings and cruciform to the West Gable, piecing in natural Bath stone indents where details had become weathered. Repainting and replacement of areas of Knapped Flint. Overhauling & conservation works of the stained glass windows. All works had to be undertaken with local conservation officer’s approval and completed in time for the school opening for the new term.
Piecing-in new stone
Knapped Flint repair and repointing
Conservation/ Repair of stained glass windows
Minor roof repairs
“Stone Edge Conservation displayed knowledge and pragmatism in carrying out the works and were courteous to all visitors. The works were carried out efficiently with a minimum of fuss."